A long range outdoor security camera is a type of surveillance camera that is designed for outdoor use. These cameras are typically used to monitor a wide area, such as a parking lot or a large backyard. Long range outdoor security cameras usually have a very long range of view and can focus at least 75 feet away from their mounting point, often up to 1000 feet or more.
IP cameras come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but all of them have at least one lens. The type of lens that an IP camera has can affect its field of view, its light gathering ability, and its ability to zoom in and out.
IP cameras come with one of these three lens types:
1. Fixed lenses: They have a fixed focal length, which means that they cannot zoom in or out. This gives them a limited field of view, but they are very good at gathering light, which makes them ideal for low-light conditions.
2. varifocal lenses: Varifocal lenses are similar to fixed lenses, but they have a variable focal length. This means that they can be adjusted to zoom in or out, which gives them a wider field of view. However, they are not as good at gathering light as fixed lenses, so they may not be ideal for low-light conditions.
3. zoom lenses: Zoom lenses are the most versatile type of lens used in IP cameras. They have a variable focal length, which means that they can be adjusted to zoom in or out. They also have a wide field of view and are good at gathering light, making them ideal for all sorts of conditions.
Why should you use a Fixed Lens Camera for Long Distance?
The most important factor to consider when using a fixed lens camera for long distance surveillance is the focal length of the lens. For example, a camera with a focal length of 50mm can cover a distance of approximately 50m, while a camera with a focal length of 100mm can cover a distance of approximately 100m.
Another factor to consider is the sensor size. The larger the sensor, the greater the distance that can be covered by the camera. For example, a camera with a sensor size of 1/2.3″ can cover a distance of approximately 100m, while a camera with a sensor size of 1″ can cover a distance of approximately 200m.
Finally, the aperture of the lens is also an important factor. The larger the aperture, the greater the distance that can be covered by the camera. For example, a camera with an aperture of f/2.8 can cover a distance of approximately 200m, while a camera with an aperture of f/4 can cover a distance of approximately 400m.
Why should you use a Varifocal Camera?
Varifocal cameras allow you to adjust the camera’s field of view (FOV), which means you can change the amount of area the camera can see. This can be useful if you need to change the camera’s view to cover a different area, or if you want to zoom in or out to get a better view of something.
One of the biggest benefits of a varifocal lens camera is the faster autofocus that it offers. With a traditional camera, you are limited to the autofocus system of the camera. With a varifocal lens camera, you can change the autofocus by simply adjusting the lens. This allows you to get a faster and more accurate focus, which is essential for capturing clear photos as well as videos.
Why should you use a Zoom Camera?
A zoom camera is a camera that has the ability to change its focal length, allowing the user to get closer or further away from their subject without physically moving.
The reasons why you might want to use a zoom camera, such as:
- Getting a closer look at something without having to move closer to it
- Capturing a wide area without having to move further away
- Zooming in on a specific area
- Creating a shallow depth of field
- Avoiding camera shake
- Getting a different perspective
Long Range Wifi and Outdoor HD Video Security Camera – Security Camera Review
Factors choosing a Long range outdoor security camera
Outdoor security cameras are a great way to deter burglars and keep an eye on your property. But with so many options on the market, it can be hard to know which one to choose.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for an outdoor security camera:
Night vision capabilities:
The night vision ability of an outdoor security camera is particularly important if you live in a rural area without street lights.
Wide field of view:
The range of a long-range outdoor security camera can vary, but most models are capable of capturing high-definition video at distances of up to 200 meters.
Should be weatherproof:
The system also includes a 4-channel NVR and four 1080p IP66 weatherproof cameras.
Able to connect Wi-Fi networks:
Another option is the Foscam Mesh Wi-Fi Network Security Camera System, which has a range of 1,000 feet.
Enough storage option:
The iCam HD system has a two-terabyte memory, enough to store month-long video. The camera is also IP66 water-proof.
A long-range outdoor security camera is a great choice if you want to monitor a wide area without requiring you to have a permanent cover. The night vision ability of an outdoor security camera is particularly important if you live in a rural area without street lights.